Monday, March 12, 2012

First of Five!

About 4 years ago my 3 sisters and I decided to use some of my mother's estate monies to buy ourselves a new/portable/user friendly sewing machine.  That day after we had made our purchases we felt that our mom was smiling down on us.  She loved to sew, especially sewing quilt tops.  My aunties and her would have a quilt set up in their living rooms at least once during the winter months.  What fun they had going to each other's homes, quilting, and sharing delicious lunches and teas.

My machine, however, has sat pretty much idle since the day I purchased it.  I finally "bit the bullet" and signed up for a quilting class!!!

It took me awhile on the weekend to cut the fabric, figure out how to thread my machine (not as user friendly as I remembered when purchasing it), and finding all my sewing equipment.

But here I am, tonight was my first class of 5.  We finished 4 blocks (I can't believe I did it).  It's a beginners class and we will be learning how to piece several different block patterns - just the thing I need to get my sewing confidence going again!  Tonight's pattern is the pinwheel design.  I hope the fabric colours I picked are going to work out in the end.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.



Till next time........enjoying a cuppa mint tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...