Monday, August 14, 2017

Sunshine and Pesto


Beauty morning for a walk!



After walk refuel ...

Peaches, Strawberries, Granola, with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and a splash of Maple Syrup!

The herb garden explosion with Basil needing attention.



Time to make Pesto!




Basil Pesto is easy to make and oh so good!
The recipe I used is one that was demonstrated to us in the beautiful
Cinque Terre region of Italy on our
first European adventure 11 years ago!

The recipe is simple:
80 Basil Leaves
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp. Pine Nuts
2-3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - enough for consistency
*to keep Pesto bright and green, it is best to blanch the basil leaves
for 5-6 seconds in boiling water and then plunge into ice water
 before processing.

I made 4 batches which came to 2 Cups of Pesto.
I froze 3 jars and kept one fresh one in the fridge.

Now - is fresh made pasta on the menu sometime this week? Maybe!

Meanwhile, on the weekend, the sun shone warmly and the convertible
came out.
She loved Papa's Red Car with the top down!





Till next time ..... welcoming these sunny days of late summer!







7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pesto recipe, Rosella! I made pesto a few years ago, but I have no idea where my recipe is. My basil is doing well right now, so I think the time is right.

    Those are darling pictures of your grandgirlie in her papa's car! Hope you're feeling better for these last days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that herb garden really did explode! Your pesto looks fabulous. Oh look at your darling grandgirlie with her hat on. Oh dear! They just grow so fast. She's got such a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pesto recipe looks fantastic! Your little grand girlie is a real darlin'. Such a sweet and fun age she's at. Hope you have been enjoying summer. Would love to have a picnic in the park with you again one of these days. Wasn't that so fun! I still make the mint and sugared pineapple you brought to share. It's always a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to miss all the fabulous fresh fruit and herbs after the season changes! I love to refuel exactly as you do. And pesto is always a favorite. Your granddaughter must bring you so much joy---she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, she is such a cutie and growing so big!
    I need to plant a herb garden at the rate I'm buying fresh herbs on my grocery trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute driver you have there, she is adorable! I don't comment often, but I sure do enjoy reading your blog!! plain Yogurt, fresh fruit and granola with maple syrup is one of my go to favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just a wee darling! I can see you are really enjoying her. I have a few herbs tucked into my little garden spaces and I sure like having them close by...but they are soon going to die off and I'll be picking them up at the market till next spring.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...