Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Nammie's Spare Bed

Uh-Oh, Nammie's spare bed
has turned into a "packing place" ...





What does a traveler pack for a Fall trip to Italy?
I'm trying out a few "ensembles" that will mix and match.

There are some for sure items and also a wee pile of maybes.

At least this is a start.
There may be many "edits" here before we actually go.

We are so excited to go and thankful
for good health and the privileges we are able to enjoy.

(Sorry about the dark pictures .... not much light coming in these days!)



Black and White is definitely a theme. 
Black crepe tunic, Lizette pants, and Sympli sleeveless top.



Sympli fringed tunic with super comfy Frank Lyman animal print jeggings.
Perfect for a fancy night or two on the cruise part of our trip
or to dress down with a pair of jeans.



A few "sunny" outfits for some warmer days and excursions.
Blue and white denim capris with sleeveless toppers.
Joe Fresh tops are my friends.



More Black and White separates to mix and match.
A colourful and light scarf, belt and my Tilly to add some style to these jeans.



Sympli Black and White "Go To 3/4 sleeve T's",
my must have denim midi length skirt (it always travels with me),
and an extra sleeveless Black tunic.



The little black dress (super comfy bamboo stretch), black leggings,
a denim vest, and some colourful accessories and scarves.
Dress it up or down.



Two jackets (Black Lululemon and Brown Columbia rain resistant jacket with hood).
Two warm long sleeved sweaters - for cool evenings.

Summary:
6 T-shirts (4 of them sleeveless)
6 tunic tops
4 Capri pants (plus 1 pair of leggings)
4 pairs of pants
1 denim skirt
1 little black dress
1 denim vest plus 1 Sympli sweater vest
2 jackets plus 2 warm sweaters
Tilly Hat
3-4 scarves
1 black belt
12 pairs of underwear/jammies/swim suit and cover-up/a few foundation pieces
Eek - is this too much for 1 month or is it not enough?
Still deciding on the foot wear.



Extra "essentials" - Norwex wash cloths and towels, laundry detergents,
sink plug, Rick Steves braided clothes line, Tide stick, and electrical plug adapters.


I'm hoping that the farmer needs far less clothing and will have extra room
in his luggage - ha! I'm certain that he needs far less!!!!

We will be packing one checked bag and taking two small carry-on bags.
I think it's doable. Hmmmm. Especially if I wear some of the clothes 
on the plane - many layers?

Trying to figure out how to pack this cutie into my carry-on ...
Oh, how I shall miss this sweet little person.




Till next time - what are your favourites and essentials when packing for a long trip and do you lay them out on your spare bed before packing?

Also, praying for rain and clear air to breath for our dear friends in the West!












11 comments:

  1. No can help you with your packing for Italy. How exciting is a trip there?! (Are you sure that you need all that? Oops...just went to meddling.) I am certain that your little grandgirlie will be thrilled to have you return with gifts of your trip. That part will be among the fun. Would you believe that I am just learning today of the nightmare fires burning again out West? I can't believe all that they have had to put up with this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Vee. I need to leave some space for bringing back some gifts for the "kids"!!!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! I need to pack for a 2 day trip to Chicago tomorrow and it's nearly 9 PM! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you return. Bon voyage! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't do a lot of traveling, so I have no good answers. But it looks like you're going to be stylish and comfortable on your trip! Bon voyage! (Good luck with packing your stowaway. ~smile~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting is that! I love that you are so organized and have everything so nicely laid out. That is always a bit of a problem for me, since my spare beds are upstairs...and our bedroom is on the main floor. I'd say you have covered all the bases nicely...and then some. :) And yes, of course you need room to bring home gifts for 'everyone'. Have fun planning and packing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yippee! You are going on a month long holiday. You have wonderful travel items to choose from. Looks like you'll look great no matter what you choose. Save some room for souvenirs! Love the shot of your sweety with her arms crossed. So cute.
    She'll be excited to see you upon your return! Thanks for the prayers and I pray you have a refreshing and fabulous time away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosella, this was just plain fun to read!! I love those Lizette pants and everything you have laid out is perfect. The black dress with that colorful necklace is beautful! You are so well prepared, even with a sink plug and clothesline!! I can't believe you are going for a month - I'm going to miss you! It will be a memorable time, and I wish you beautiful days and God's care in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My spare bed has been used more as a staging area for packing than it has for guests sleeping over! I do what you do - lay it all out, and edit, edit, edit, up to the day I leave. I am already planning what to take for an exciting trip later this fall, but it is a complicated one to pack for. Have a wonderful trip to Italy! It's a perfect time of year to go. PS - I'm a Frank Lymon fan and a Joe Fresh fan, but the latter has gone out of business here. I really miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post. I love all your choices and so fun to see them all played out to mix and match....so perfect. I'm so excited for you to have this month away...Italy! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. Praying you have safe travels, refreshing times and just so much fun! You will be so darling in those outfits! So happy for you....and I love your wee model. She's just darling!!!! Miss you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosella... I sure enjoyed peeking into your suitcase. You have such beautiful outfits packed. I've been missing you! Praying you have been having a really wonderful time and looking very forward to seeing all about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would take only 2 pairs of capri pants and long pants and perhaps a few more T shirts. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...