Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Old and New

Last week there were a few before and after's
(or is that old and new?)
around this place.

I finally got the farmer to help me install my "new" quilt wall hanging.
I've been working on it for quite some time as was posted here:

This was the before "old" quilt wall hanging that I made a few years ago:

I loved this quilt but ... it's time for a change!

This "new" one suits my colours and style just a bit better. I think we'll like it for quite some time.
Well, that is, till another pattern catches my eye!



The other "new" thing around here is my long time wish to have a gas (propane in our case)
kitchen range. Not that there was anything wrong with the "old" glass top - I just never liked
how it's heat would come up then click off and on. Does anyone else find this a problem?

It served me well and always looked nice - just saying.

However, I think I'm in love with this sweet "new" range. It's a duel fuel (meaning a gas top
and an electric oven - actually two ovens because the bottom drawer is also an oven).


Today Noa and I baked our first batch of bread in this oven.
Turned out very good ....

A "new" batch of play dough for my little kitchen fairy

Next will come the new counter tops, back splash tile and island.
This will happen in the "new" year we hope!


Till next time ... slowly getting the Christmas decorations up and preparing my heart for this most wonderful time of the year. What's on your agenda these days?


Cookin' with gas!!! (propane)




7 comments:

  1. I love that you're "cooking with gas!" I am sure you're going to enjoy this new oven!

    Oh, and that quilt. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preparing my heart is where I am. This one thing I know for sure: I’m so glad that He came to this old earth because we need Him so very much.

    Ahhhh your sweet little kitchen fairy is hard at work. She’s going to be a wonderful help in the Christmas kitchen. I have always had a gas stove and oven and I know that you will appreciate the ability to “fine tune” your cooking heat. It’s a pretty one, too! The quilt is beautiful, stunningly so, and looks fabulous on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new range. I've always preferred a gas top and I hope we find a house that has that option. Love the Quilt as a wall hanging. Looks like some fun times with your little helper. She's getting so big. Our backsplash is almost all in and then it will need the grouting. I'll be slowly getting Christmas up, too. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new quilt is beautiful and I can see why you like the change. I also love your oven. I think it's a newer version of mine ... it also has two ovens and is electric oven with gas top ... with the plate in the center. Happy cooking! You will love that the heat stays the same (no splattering) and is off as soon as you turn it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new quilt is lovely, Rosella! Enjoy the new range, especially with your adorable little baking buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new quilt looks amazing!!! Such talent to make it so perfectly. My mom swapped out her electric cook top for gas when we were kids, so that's always been my preference. I know you'll enjoy yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very talented woman Rosella, I love both quilts. I also like your new stove! I don't have a gas stove but that would indeed be my preference too. I agree, I don't like the fact that they heat goes on and off. I am not that impressed with my new stove and oven but it will have to last me many years hopefully and eventually I will adapt to this one.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...