Thursday, January 2, 2020

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year!

2020 has arrived!

As we roar into this new decade, staying healthy is on my mind!
It's not a New Year's resolution - it's something I want to be intentional about.

Today was Christmas turkey bone broth day - the turkey's gold!
I'm hoping this healthy broth will give me the boost I need
to kick this 3 week old cold and cough!

This is the recipe I use to make it:  


It's not difficult to make. It just takes time ...

While the bones brothed, I worked on my Bear Claw Quilt.
The fabric was cut and ready to go before Christmas.
The sewing machine is out of storage and it makes me "sew" happy.
Here's a peek:


How was your Christmas?
It slipped by so quickly but not without some wonderful family times
and delicious food.
Sadly, very few pictures were taken over here!

It was all about these little loves ...
Our hearts are full!










Our little Angel in the church
children's program.
























A wee reindeer arrived at our 
door on Christmas Day.












Home made play dough - the best! It had to be pink.


A great message for January 2020

Days are slowly getting longer and oh, those beautiful sunsets!!






Till next time ... stay healthy and happy.
Tomorrow - another year older - eek! How did I get so old?






5 comments:

  1. That broth should do the job! A three-week cold is not fun.

    Loved the pics that you did take. Matching jammies by the tree...little reindeer... 🙂

    Yes, it was a good Christmas and I am praying for a good 2020 for us all.

    I like your calendar. Mine is based all year long on the 23rd Psalm. My sister gifted me with it after a trip to Virginia.

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope the broth takes care of all ailments! Loved the pic's of your angel...and your reindeer. And that barn quilt looks amazing in the setting sun! Wishing you a wonderful and blessed 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful light you captured in those last photos. I do hope that the turkey broth helped in finally snuffing out your cold and ailments. Ugh. Not fun to be under the weather. Fun Christmas jammies and what a sweet angel and cute reindeer! Christmas is so fabulous with little ones back in the picture. A very happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, your grandchildren just get cuter and cuter! I'm smitten with them so I can only imagine how much joy they bring to your life. Wish I saved some turkey bones....but will roast a chicken next week and I'd like to make your bone broth just to have on hand. Happy New Year, Rosella! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came for a little visit ... sharing your joy in this season of life and
    wishing you a blesed and happy New Year! I imagine the things you love ... family,
    quilting, cooking, travelling ...I love your zest for life.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...