Monday, November 2, 2020

October 2020

And - that was October 2020!

Indeed!


The embroidery hoop and thread came out to play ...
it's a BOM (aka Block Of the Month) quilt project by a beautiful designer,
Gail Pan Designs The project is called "I Wish You Well"
I'm trying to keep up with the monthly embroidered patches (approx. 3/month)
and then it all gets pieced into a quilt at the end.
Just one more month to go.
It's been many years since I've done any sewing of this type and am really enjoying it.
Thankfully, I can google tutorials on how to do certain stitches.
We used do this on tea towels and pillow cases and enter them as exhibits for the local fall fair.
Grateful that these pieces won't be judged - I really have had to relearn so much.


 Thanksgiving was very low key this year.
Just us and our sweet "bubble" family.

Our talented son-in-law bbq'd the brined and perfectly seasoned turkey
and we enjoyed it with all the trimmings.
What a treat!


She came early before the meal, while her little brother napped
to have a special alone playtime with Nammie's "Sunday Toy".
It seemed appropriate that she also was wearing her pretty rainbow sweater.



It was a great Thanksgiving Day!! 
Oh, we have SO much to be thankful for ...

And then, before we knew it, the end of October arrived
and Hallowe'en was here, with a clear Blue Moon night!

Daddy and Sully recreated Back To The Future costumes, complete with the DeLorean car
created by Patrick's mom!

"Marty" and "Doc"


Noa and Mommy reused some Back to the Past, 1980's Disney costumes and hats.
This costume was worn by Mommy when she was the same age - 5!





The farmer and I quickly grabbed some costumes too so we could 
be dressed for handing out the candy!

A Police Officer and Moira Rose - lol
It's handy having some silly things saved in the old trunk upstairs.

I used to have dark hair like that!


October had some other tricks up it's sleeve ... you'll have to stay tuned for it.
It will be a very exciting 2021 project.

In the meantime, I'll plug sew away at my embroidery patches
and maybe even re-do some of the earlier ones.




This morning - November 2 - eek!



Till next time ... "to remember is to work for peace"





5 comments:

  1. That's some kind of frost on those pumpkins!

    You enjoyed the most lovely of Thanksgivings...the beautiful table set, the turkey, the trimmings. My daughter had the nerve to ask if we could have lasagna! My look must have said it all. ๐Ÿคจ

    What a treasure the Noah's ark is. I am sure that Noa loves to play with it and one day Sully as well.

    Your sewing projects are delightful, uplifting, and cheery. What a wonderful quilt those blocks will make.

    We are so blessed. Yes, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Low key" is fine when shared with your dear ones and there is yummy food as a bonus! So sweet that your granddaughter wanted to come early for some special time. We recently inherited a Noah's ark set that Ron and I had made for his mom years ago, and my younger grandchildren are loving it. A few weeks ago, four-year-old Macie asked if she could play with the Jesus boat. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Your photo is quite literally "frost on the pumpkin"! Happy November! (Although now I am wondering about your October surprise . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Halloween costumes. Love the Back to the Future costumes...very well done and little Miss Minnie is the cutest ever. You two were good sports and are lookin good. Your Thanksgiving meal looked just perfect. Yum. That Sunday toy looks very special. Happy November to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me smiling at the 'dress-up' pic's! Love that! I wouldn't have recognized you out on the street. Glad you were able to enjoy a wonderful, scaled-down Thanksgiving. Yes, we have much to be thankful for in the middle of all the hard things. Keep on stitching...it's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we get to see the quilt when it's all done! Is ther anything that you can't do? So glad you could do your bubble Thanksgiving! I love the special time when brother is napping! And you are such good sports, dressing up too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...