Thursday, December 16, 2021

Life Goes On

In spite of it all - Life goes on...
The new and uncharted chapter has begun

Christmas awaits
One month has passed
Still doing one day at a time - but without him!

Some decorating and a bit of baking has occurred



Mom's China Cabinet has some new decor and meaning in it's new home



A gifted "Vigil" will forever tug at my heart.
Thank you to my dear sister-in-law - Marilyn,
the kindest, most thoughtful person you could ever meet!




An overflowing keepsake box of love
I weep as I read the beautiful words of sympathy and encouragement.
Thank you each and every one for taking the time to 
write and send these love notes.
There are no words that describe my deep gratitude.
I will treasure these forever!




And then came the shock of the "home" farm barn fire
Within minutes it had burned to the ground
No one was hurt and the dairy herd had been sold 3 weeks prior
The house and sheds were saved.
Thankful and sad ...
This was where the farmer grew up - just down the road from our farm
and where Jim's brother Paul and Charlene live.




An unexpected find was this print.
Was I directed to this store by the Divine?
It is exactly what we had looked for and hoped to find one day.
Our honeymoon, the red canoe, Northern Ontario, one oar ...




I am busy ... which is good for now.
There is much to do and new routines to establish.
I know that we will all get through this painful period of grief
but how, I am not at all sure.

My joy comes in the small packages called grandchildren.
They and their parents, whom I could not do this without, sustain me.

May the blessings of Christmas reach you all, dear readers.
Stay well.

Be still and know the Reason for the Season.

"For unto us a child is born"
Isaiah 9:6



Till next time ... life will continue to go on.



7 comments:

  1. Do you find yourself encouraging yourself with little phrases or bits of scripture? I would say, "Life is for the living." "Take no trouble from tomorrow." "One step at a time." Some days, I still do.

    That is so sad about the barn being lost to fire. So good that nobody and no livestock was hurt. God is good.

    The grandchildren are going to continue to be bright lights in your world. They are a great gift. I am glad that you are finding comfort from the sympathy cards. Many expressions of support and love are found there to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those phrases of encouragement! Sometimes I hear myself saying - "Settle down - you can do this!" or "Come with Me - I need you by my side". God is truly Good!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Rosella, it was good to come here and read about your days during this time. How sad that the barn burned down but how good that the livestock were sold and no other buildings were lost. Hopefully there is an old fashioned barn raising in the future. Your mother's hutch is so beautiful. I've never seen one quite as nice as it. What a sweet gift that print is and that you stumbled upon it. Those loving grands and your daughter close by is another gift from God. God bless you and yours dearly during this Christmas season. Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellen. Love and hugs right back to you. Thank you for the beautiful card you sent! Means so much to me.

      Delete
  3. Rosella, it sounds like you have been surrounded by love during this terrible time of loss. I know that has given you strength to keep going. What a blessing it was to find the perfect print! God is so generous to give us such gifts! I am happy to hear that you have been baking and decorating . . . as you take just one step at a time . . .

    A blessed Christmas to you and yours! It will be like no other, and yet you will find blessings . . . those tidings of comfort and joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. The print absolutely jumped out at me - not sure the style is perfect for my dining room but I love it none the less. A blessed Christmas to you and your dear family. Many things to be thankful for even on my darkest days.

      Delete
  4. I am grateful that you are able to take notes on this uncharted chapter in your life, and that you have been able to celebrate the season even in small ways. May the Lord continue to give you strength and encouragement in Him and through the ones He has blessed your life with.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...