Friday, June 17, 2022

May and June 2022

 What happened to May and now June???

So thankful that I took a few pictures here and there 
to help me remember.
It's been a bit of a blurrrr
Things have become rather real - and not in a good way for the most part.
Sigh...
But I'm OK and God is Good!

Life continues to march on in spite of me.
I will attempt to do a picture parade to help me recall these last number of weeks.


Walks in the park - Spring sprang and babies were hatched!!!











So nice to be back to "in person" church
again and to enjoy a fun Mother's Day Tea
during Junior Sunday School hour!













Rhubarb season came with a vengeance this Spring
Pies and tortes were enjoyed
Our church Mission's Committee sold approx. $700 worth of fresh donated rhubarb 

It was so nice to be able to take part in the Relief Sale again after a 2 year pause.
The quilts were incredible and the feature quilt sold for $20,000 and then someone also matched that amount as a donation!
There is so much need in our world today and MCC (Mennonite Central Committee)
sure does their part in providing relief where it's most needed.




Best garden helpers any Nammie could ask for!





The patio got a new umbrella this year. I love the cheerful colour compared to the old faded black one.
Amazing what you can find on Wayfair and Amazon!





Another purchase made - probably the biggest one I'll ever make on my own!
Hope I made the right choice and no, it wasn't on Amazon - smile!
I did have Becky and Patrick help walk me through the whole process - thankfully.
I'm officially the little old lady that drives her car to church and to the grocery store ...
and to the farm of course!


Then this happened ... my sweet sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Glennis and Mark,
 signed me up for a quilter's bus tour to Hamilton, Missouri
a place I've always wanted to visit.
There is a great story behind this little mid-western town and I've been following
their quilt tutorials for many years.

My dear sister, Evelyn, came along too to share a room with me.
She has a good interest in quilting as well and is a superb travel mate.
What fun we had ... 20 expert quilters and the four of us on tour!
We were out of our league but it was fun to travel again and spend time with these dear people.

Caught in a down pour under the covered bridge
at Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN
We had to ditch our shoes and run bare foot back to the Inn.


I hope that I can fondly look back and glean much inspiration from this experience.
Thanks so much Glennis for organizing this and to Evelyn for coming along!

The bigger than life star of Missouri Star, Jenny Doan. Wishing I could have met her in person.



One of the thrills for me was to visit Shipshewana, Indiana and to 
stand on the Theatre steps where my famous friends (The Mennonite Girls Can Cook ladies)
viewed a production that was written about them.




Well now it's back to reality and this little sweetie
spent the day with me on what would have been mine and Jim's 49th wedding anniversary!
A welcome distraction to the day.


Strawberry Season has arrived!



7 months ...





Till next time .... welcome to Summer 2022. Wishing you good health and flowers ...


5 comments:

  1. Those are the best thoughts on grief that I have ever read. They ring true to me.

    You went to The Missouri Star Quilt Company?! You blessed gal, you! Did you purchase any fabric? New sewing tools? Anything? (I thought Jenny looked a little puffier than I remembered. Glad you explained that it was a larger than life cut-out.☺️)

    Your quilt header is very nice. Is that the project you did with your Beloved's shirts?

    Very happy for you to be back to church and doing fun things with your family. Your grands are adorable!

    A blessed June to you, Rosella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this writing on grief, Rosella. Grief is not linear, is it? No one-way progression, but an alteration. Insightful!

    Even in your grief and "alteration of your being," you are showing great resolve to do new things. What a lovely thing for your sister-in-law and brother-in-law to do . . . planning such a wonderful trip! So good that your little one visited on your anniversary. And look at you with that new car!

    Hard times . . . and yet good times in May and June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to read this post about your May and June, Rosella. Love seeing your sweet garden helpers. The new umbrella is very cheery! Hooray for the sweet gesture to sign you up for that tour and your sister sharing the trip with you. Love that photo of you in Shipshewana! Remember that staircase well. We love all the Toyota vehicles we have purchased over the years. We have said that our 2019 Highlander is the last new vehicle we will purchase in our lives. We are still enjoying our 2007 Camry, especially now that gas prices have risen. Glad you had a sweet distraction on your 49th anniversary. The thoughts on grief are so good to read and to consider. May God continue to carry your through this time. Hugs to you dear Rosella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at your beautiful grandchildren!! SO big. Thinking of you, my friend, as you travel along this tough new road. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see your re-cap of the last two months. Glad you were able to be part of the quilting road trip. Sounds like it was just what you needed. We loved Shipshewana...wouldn't mind going back sometime. Enjoy your new ride! It looks much like mine.

    My thoughts and prayers for you as you work through your grief...one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...