Saturday, December 31, 2011

Leaping into 2012




It's absolutely true when they say,
The years are flying by faster and faster as we age!
2011 is pretty much a blur
We had wonderful times and trying times.
Looking back, some of the more memorable times were
A touching Mission's Supper presentation by Ka Lee Paine when she shared with our
church family how her family and life changed when they arrived
in Canada as refugees when she was 2 years old in 1979!
In February the annual Curling Bonspiel where our team placed second!
In April a Baby Shower for sweet Sophia - a miracle baby

A Baby Shower for a great nephew Eric

A Bridal Shower for Racheal 

In May we enjoyed a wonderful week in beautiful Victoria for 
a work related conference  - so glad we decided to go!
A beautiful bouquet arrived in our Empress Hotel room for
Mother's Day - thanks again Bex!










June was so much fun starting off with our annual
Rhubarb and Rhummage Festival - another huge success in spite of the rain!


Followed by Alex and Racheal's wedding that very afternoon.
The sun shone in between showers on this blessed day.
The next day we hosted the Gerber Clan for
our annual family day - the weather was perfect and
we had a fabulous time.


On the 13th of June we left for an Irish adventure!  Becky joined us
from Alberta - we were soooo thrilled that she decided to come too.
We experience breathtaking views, some tense driving, wonderful food,
and people.
  It was in Ireland where I 
came to realize what is most important in my life and how I
need to set a new direction in my life.  I had many deep thoughts and
am thankful for this opportunity to see how my attitudes and 
decisions in this life will serve me in years to come.




July and August were spent close to home with more exciting events.
Our wee Becky became engaged to her beloved Patrick
Words cannot convey what joy I felt when I saw how perfectly happy
my daughter was and how excited we all were for this occasion!

My summer included events such as meeting Anneliese and Lovella 
from my favourite blog - Mennonite Girls Can Cook.
I managed to get some canning done and we took a few
afternoons for escaping to the lake and do a bit of water skiing.
August 2nd was the day we buried our dear little pal of 17 years.
Thistle, our beloved Cairn Terrier who gave us much pleasure 
and 2 litters of adorable puppies
She gave us the experience of showing and, in spite of us, earned her championship papers!
She lives on in her loveable daughter - Poppy
On August 27th, we enjoyed the beautiful wedding of Scott and Nikki - another
perfect day to celebrate with family and friends.

Wet September whizzed by as we tried to get the Fall work done,
saw a few plays at Stratford Festival,
spent a few relaxing days on my own while the guys went on a fishing trip.

October continued to be bleak and rainy and our hearts hurt as we said
our final goodbyes to our dear nephew Andrew!  We know that
he is in heaven - he was an innocent angel here on this earth!

Thanksgiving was a beautiful day and was spent with family in St. Mary's.
A quick fall colours tour on Thanksgiving Monday was also a highlight!

In November we decided to celebrate the date 11-11-11 so spent
a fun weekend in the capital city - this was a great little get-away!

It was on November 22nd, my daughter's birthday, that I decided 
to start my own blog.  So far I have enjoyed this type of "journaling".
Mid month we attended an uncle's funeral (my mom's last living brother).
On November 25th little Atlas was born.  What a joy for his 
Grand-parents - close friends of ours!

Christmas 2011 was full and fun (and our tummies are full as well).
Our dear friends spent Christmas day with us (as they have for at least 3 decades).
and it was a special blessing to have Becky and Patrick with us as well!


My husband's family gathered at Nithview Home where Grandma is 
being cared for.  We had a lovely afternoon with lots of delicious food
and games.
Solitare Frenzy
and Rook - of course!
My siblings and in-laws spent yesterday together and - yes - we ate some more!

Today is New Year's Eve - I am looking forward to see
what 2012 has in store for me - it's going to be an eventful
and fabulous leap year.  I pray for health and happiness
to all!


Cheers!


5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post...As a new blogger, you helped identify with your readers some of your challenges. I found it interesting that you on your journey in Ireland..you came to a full realization about new directions.
    Faith and blessings to you and your family in the New Year. Just step out and see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely posting, Rosella. Happy New Year to you and Jim. Hopefully we'll get together during 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed this post...a look back on the year that is now behind us. I learned a lot about you ...and found someone else who plays Rook! Blessings to you and yours in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful recap of 2011 Rosella! You sure had lots of good and sad events! Some great travels and incredible highs! Love you guys and wish you God's richest blessings for 2012 as you begin prep for Becky's wedding! Gary & Anita N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you! Wishing you a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...