Monday, June 26, 2017

Cement Leaf Reveal


It rained almost every day since making these (posted in my most recent blog post)
but that was perfect cement curing conditions!

This is how they turned out:

Hosta and Rhubarb - cemented leaves flipped over with leaves still attached



One very large rhubarb leaf (compared to my size 7 flip flops). Most of actual leaf removed.


We tried some different methods (ruffled edge, flat edge and hosta leaves) - all in bowl shapes.

Even though I really like the deep veins of the rhubarb leaves,
I quite liked, and was surprised by the pretty hosta leaf design!


This one was made many years ago, naturally rain water filled (smile)
with some river rocks.




Till next time -  bring on the sunshine...





11 comments:

  1. Love them! Now I must look for a tutorial somewhere... I like the hosta as well, but for the size and visual impact, the rhubarb leaf is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen leaf plates before, but I like how yours turned out. The rocks and water look right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice leaves and hard to pick a favorite. Have a good day! Judy from Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project. I really like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What fabulous, creative garden decor! Great job, Rosella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bowls! I need to have a 'concrete bowl party' again some time. I made many years ago and gave most of them away. This year I broke one...and so have only one left. They are a great addition to the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever! I love those leaf bowls! I think I need to get invited to Judy's party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my gosh, they turned out so beautifully! Isn't it amazing the art that God share's with us each day??? You've definitely captured it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful! I never would have thought to do that. I also want to go to Judy's party. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Rosella, I'm loving these! What a beautiful way to preserve nature!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...