Friday, July 27, 2012

Guacamole


I was inspired this week by Ellen's Taco Casserole on the Mennonite Girl's Can Cook blog!  A Mexican theme meal idea was born and besides, I had 3 avocado's that were ripe and needed to be used.

I made the delicious casserole, pulled out my Mexican blanket for a table cloth, found my Mexican bowls and made some guacamole as an appetizer.  The only things missing were the margaritas and our friends Ev and Leonard (whom we met in Mexico last winter)!

The casserole is a winner recipe and here's my favourite "guac" recipe which makes a nice addition to the meal.







Guacamole

4 ripe Haas avocados – peeled and mashed with a fork
3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
3 dashes Tabasco sauce - optional
½ Cup red onion (1 sm. onion) - chopped
1 lrg. Clove garlic – minced or a tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 medium tomato – seeded and chopped
Bacon Bits
Serve at room temperature with yellow or blue corn chips
*Hint – to keep guac dip from turning brown, keep an avocado pit in the bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap until you are ready to serve it.  Don’t know if this actually works but I read it somewhere???






Till next time ................ enjoy some Guacamole this summer!




8 comments:

  1. That casserole looked so good - I made up my mind to make it this weekend. Now I'll have the perfect accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosella, that guacamole looks fabulous. I might have to make it for our Olympic Opening ceremonies viewing tonight! Glad you enjoyed the casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just looks like the most amazing meal. I love how you have become such a vital and important part of the blogging community.
    I'm packing up the trailer and will be picking up the grands shortly for our annual camping event.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your guacamole looks perfect! And now I wish I'd picked up some avocados at the market today :) I need a Mexican fix, too! Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I worked as a produce clerk you wouldn't believe how many people wanted to buy the pre-made stuff. Got to get it fresh people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like a bowl of guacamole! I'm eager to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love guacamole! And right about now...I could use some.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...