Saturday, June 29, 2013

B.C. where old and new friends meet!

We were so privileged and honoured
to have our friends Wayne and Judy
meet us in 
Vancouver and give us the "Rick Steves Style"
tour of their beautiful city.

They picked us up right at our hotel
and took us for a walk on the sea wall
at Stanley Park - fabulous.

Lion's Gate Bridge

Off we went to Granville Island.
What a treat for the senses!
Delicious Fish Tacos at the "Go Fish" vendor
was the perfect lunch!



A stroll thru the colourful farmer's market....


Then, they took us to their beautiful home
and fed us the most delicious
Cedar Planked BBQ'd Salmon
paired with the perfect B.C. wine,
a tasty "fresh picked from the garden" salad
topped with seared shrimp,
and delicious sides of roasted asparagus,
and perfect orzo pasta!
My mouth is watering as I recall this meal.




Thank you so much Wayne and Judy!
We enjoyed every minute .....your
warm hospitality and friendship is a treasure.


The next morning we had coffee with Ev,
a dear friend we met on vacation in Mexico
a few years ago - I just happened to see
on my fb that she was in the city for a conference
and we quickly made arrangements to meet.
Ev is from Saskatchewan - who knew we'd see each
other again in Vancouver!



We picked up our rental car and 
headed out of town.


Alex Fraser Bridge - so impressive!



In Chilliwack I met a very dear
blog friend - Kathy!!!!
from Memories and Moments 
and one of the famous
Mennonite Girls Can Cook gals!
What a thrill to meet her face to face.

Thank you Kathy for "making" my day
and for the beautiful gift
bag from your Winks store!
I have always wanted to go there
and especially if YOU were there....

(I'm using your picture - mine didn't work?)






The rest of the day was spent
with a quick "Sea to Sky" drive up the mountain 
to Whistler ... it was raining
the whole time but well worth the drive.
Beautiful scenery all around - our last few glimpses of this 
picturesque Province of British Columbia.













We headed back to our 
hotel and packed up
for the next leg of
our trip - a very special
part!











Till next time ......  see you in Grande Prairie!!!



7 comments:

  1. You have had such a great trip! I'm so glad for the connections you could make and I know Kathy was so excited to see you. She tried to get more of us together, but it was short notice. I'm glad I got to see you in Ontario.

    About the stove.. you asked. I am very happy with my GE Profile we got at Sears about six years ago. It is gas cooking and electric oven.
    It is so nice to have even cooking and turn off the heat and it's off... no hot surface. All the best in your shopping. I hope it's okay I responded here. You can delete my comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous day all around! I'm noticing more and more connectedness with my little group of blogging buddies...here you are with Kathy! =D What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vacation looks like the perfect mix that I would want on a vacation! How fun to meet up with good friends, see beautiful coastal places, and eat gourmet food. It can't get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see glimpses into your anniversary adventure! You really packed it in. So many good memories...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely visit - and the meal sounds mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was nice to meet you and your husband. Looks like you had such a full and fun time here on the coast. I haven't been reading many blogs lately but have a bit of catch up time this morning.....coffee is on. This will be how I visit you and other friends this morning....but I always love those personal visits.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...