Friday, June 7, 2013

"No Peeking" Pork Tenderloin









I discovered this easy recipe while searching for one that could be made while I went for a long walk or went to the gym for my class.  No worries about the oven overheating while you are gone and you come home to perfectly cooked pork tenderloin!


Get the EXACT weight of your tenderloin from the wrapper or weigh it with a food scale – this will determine how long to roast the meat.
Preheat the oven to 500-550F degrees (depending on how well your oven holds its temperature – I used 525F).  I like to use my cast iron dutch oven for this and have it in the oven as it is preheating.
Season the meat as desired and place it into the roast pan/dutch oven, uncovered, in the bottom 1/3 of your preheated oven. Bake it exactly 5 ½ minutes per pound! You can roast more than one tenderloin at a time as long as they are not touching each other - for the same amount of time as if you were doing just one. After roasting for the 5 1/2 minutes/lb. turn the oven off and DO NOT open the oven door for 1 hour.  Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes to redistribute internal juices.  Internal temperature should be 145F to 150F degrees (77C). You will be amazed at how tender and juicy your roast is!  I sometimes add a whole sweet potato or two to the pot as well – it is delicious!

While the roast rests, steam some broccoli and make a quick salad - Voila!







1 lb. boneless pork tenderloin (approx.)
salt and pepper
Dry seasoning of your choice (I use Club House Pork Rub)









Till next time ..........  off I go for my walk!




3 comments:

  1. We like to cook pork loin so I will try this method. It sounds like such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great no fuss meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple recipe! We love pork tenderloin so I'm dying to try this method. Thanks, Rosella!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...