Monday, September 28, 2015

Simple Apple Crisp!

Apple Crisp has been on my mind
this first week of Fall!!!

Our old farm orchard was loaded with apples this summer.
So much so that some of the branches broke down with
the extra weight.


In years past we used to pick them up (mostly they fall to the ground 
because the trees are so old and tall that picking them off the tree is almost
impossible) and then take them to a local cider mill to be pressed
into apple cider juice.

I gave in to my craving for Apple Crisp with this super simple
recipe that I learned in Home Economics at high school - that's a VERY long time ago!

This recipe is very forgiving ... increase the amount of apples,
throw in a wrinkled peach that's been in the crisper too long,
increase the crumb topping, etc. It always turns out delicious!

Apple Crisp

Preheat oven to 375F.
Arrange 2-3 Cups sliced Apples in a buttered casserole or cake pan.
Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice and ¼ tsp. cinnamon.
In a bowl combine 1/3 Cup Flour, pinch of salt, ¼ Cup Brown Sugar, 1/3 Cup rolled Oats.
Add 3 Tbsp. melted butter and mix until crumbly.  Spread over fruit.
Bake for 40 min.
Serve with ice-cream or thickened fruit juice sauce.





Till next time ...... does the season change make you crave Fall's deliciousness?



8 comments:

  1. Looks YUMMY ! and soo simple . It is humid down here again rainy with thunderstorms . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love apple crisp! All the flavor of apple pie without all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why am I wanting apple crisp at breakfast today? Yum! We are enjoying apples 'every which way' over here these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and delicious! I love crisps. Maybe I'll make one of these just to make the house smell good this weekend! Have a great rest of the week Rosella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a very old apple crisp recipe, too! Some of those classics are the best. I'd love your version with the oat topping---perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that apple cobbler counts as breakfast!! (Or anytime!) Yours looks delicious!!
    P.S. How is that little granddaughter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if I wasn't craving it before, I'm craving fall's deliciousness now! Pinning this recipe - It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved looking at the photos of your little one.....so sweet. My little one just made your apple crisp...it's in the oven....how she loves the brown sugar....and all her expressions of joy are tasted with every spoon full that misses the pan.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...