Thursday, December 19, 2013

Balmy Lips

The weather outside is frightful the pits
and the dry air inside 
hurts my skin and lips!

I know that doesn't really rhyme
but it does tell the truth....

It's almost officially winter here
and my heels, hands, and lips
are longing to be ocean side
on a warm and balmy southern beach.

In the meantime, I've been
experimenting with making lip balm 
(next best thing to being on the beach - not).
I think I've finally got the 
recipe that works....


1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Sweet Almond Oil
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Olive Oil
25g coconut oil (solid kind)
20g organic beeswax
15g cocoa butter (solid kind)
Dash of Peppermint Essential Oil

Melt oils and beeswax in
a small container over a double boiler
(I used a 2 Cup glass pyrex measuring cup
over some gently boiling water in a saucepan)
Keep stirring till melted
Remove from heat and add essential oil
Pour into 10-12 small (15ml) containers.
I purchased these at the Dollar Store.
Let stand till solid before putting on lids.

That's all there is to it
and now my lips feel amazing and 
practically balmy ....

These will make great stocking stuffers
and purse stuffers.




Till next time ....... be careful out there. The weather forecast really IS frightful!!!!!  I've got candles ready to go, the wood is stacked by the fireplace, and extra water in pails in the laundry room. Praying for safe travels as our kids fly home tomorrow.




9 comments:

  1. Your lip balm looks fabulous...and so nicely packaged for gift-giving. I would like to try your recipe....but I'm pretty sure it won't be happening before the 25th! Blessings to you as you enjoy special times with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that your lip balm looks lovely and fun. I'm always looking for something to give friends and neighbors. Hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. That rhyme works for me. I need a vat of that balm to hop in! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh that great last line...our kids fly home tomorrow. Praying they make it safe and sound and on time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it smells amazing, too. Enjoy your family time...stay safe and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little pots of balmy goodness look like a fun idea to make. Hope you're having a great week before Christmas. I can imagine the nice long chats over hot coffee and good treats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! My whole body needs balm...but my lips are a great place to start. Our weather is crazy...warm with flood warnings! Last week it was frigid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will give joy to some lucky stocking stuffer recipients! I want to be on the lookout for Rosella's handmade soaps and lip balm. You make them looks beautiful! Hope your Christmas was wonderful! I'll be back to check.
    (I know it's hard to get on the computer when family is home . . . . Enjoy the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have brought my stocking just to get this balm:)

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...