Saturday, May 30, 2020

Purple Lining and Rusty Wheels

I think I may have an obsession for purple flowers?
Seems like everything that is blooming right now is
either purple or white.



It certainly is such a pretty time of year here
on this old farm!

I am enjoying the Spring blooms.
We were scheduled to be on tour in England right now
and would have missed it - so there's the "purple" lining of it all I guess!?

Also, the farmer has been doing a lot of cleaning up around here
and this old hay rake has been rusting in the back forty for
as long as we've lived here - over 40 years!
He dug it out of the grass and with much effort was able 
to get those gorgeous wheels off.
I've been wanting those for a long time and here they are:




Today was the date for the annual Mennonite Relief Sale in New Hamburg.

Because it was cancelled, due to Covid-19, they went ahead and auctioned off 100 quilts online.
What a joy to see the beautiful hand work with all profits going to
Mennonite Central Committee
for world relief. The feature quilt sold for $2,300 I believe.

Here is a link to the quilt catalogue if you care to have a peek.

We've been enjoying such lovely warm weather for the past few weeks,
but tonight it has turned quite cold with a risk of frost.
My garden is planted and the tomato plants are covered for tonight - just in case.

Hope everyone is still staying healthy and patient ...



Till next time .... stopping to smell the purple flowers.


4 comments:

  1. Inquiring minds want to know where in England you were going to be touring? We are scheduled for a trip to England in mid-September and we are skeptical as to whether we will be able to travel there even in a 3 months + Time will tell if we need to cancel or reschedule. Air flights are purchased already and apartment is half payed for...
    Love the purple and white in your garden and those unearthed wheels! Love it. I'll go click on that quilt link now. Happy last 2 days of May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen - I've sent you an email with our England itinerary. I hope you get to go this Fall!

      Delete
  2. The weather sounds like ours. This is the last warm day for a week. I am kinda glad. The hot, humid weather is a challenge when it hits wham bam. Yes, you are right, everything is purple and white, especially now that the pink azaleas and the forsythia have gone by. Off to look at quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the purple blooms of spring...but your white lily-of-the-valley and bleeding hearts are just lovely too! So sorry that you are missing out on your planned tour of England right now. It seems we are all making the best of 'Plan B' these days. I was wishing I could pop over and sample your relief sale donuts. Your IG pic's had my drooling!

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...