Thursday, December 28, 2023

So That Was Christmas!

 
Christmas 2023

First and perhaps last attempt at making a Yule Log.
It was yummy though.




The vintage Nativity Set always gives me joy ...



Mom's China Cabinet truly makes it feel like Christmas.
Oh how she loved that cabinet and I'm so privileged to be the "keeper" for now.
My skinny tree on the antique wagon fits perfectly beside it.





Christmas morning at the farm ... so much joy!
Brunch was delicious too.



Tasting the delicious cookies that came from Germany.







Truly blessed ... Happy New Year Dear Friends!!!





Till next time ... till next year ... stay well!






4 comments:

  1. Your yule log is pretty and I'm sure it was delicious. I have never made one, but I can imagine that it is very time consuming.

    Your decorations look just right to me! I can imagine (I'm doing a lot of that here today) that it is bittersweet to celebrate Christmas at the farmhouse. It must be so rewarding to see your daughter and her family there at the farm and continuing the work and the celebrating and joy and life . . . and yet, the memories must be poignant for all of you. I marvel at the timing of your "switch." Our Lord knew what needed to be for all of you.

    Both of us are very blessed, sweet friend! I treasure your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful Yule Log cake! Look how tall your sweet grandgirlie is and grandson, so handsome. A sweet time at the farmhouse in celebration of all we've been given. A very blessed New Year is wished for you and your family, Rosella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s obviously been a while since I did blog visits. Although Christmas was not really that long ago, January felt like two months! I scrolled down and saw your beautiful Yule log! I think that your sweet granddaughter looks like you. Have others told you that? It’s scary how quickly they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last one was Anneliese 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...