Thursday, May 30, 2013

Opening Week!

It's Opening Week at the 
Stratford Festival Theatre!!

When I worked there
I remember seeing the Opening Night Flower Arrangements
that were delivered to the stage door
to congratulate special recipients.
They were all so beautiful  and
many of them had Bachelor Buttons
in the mix.
The river gardens surrounding the Avon River
in Stratford
have huge patches of these beautiful flowers.
My perennial garden also has a patch
(they are also called Bee Balm)
and when they bloom
I always think of Opening Week
and feel the excitement in the air!




There are some other flowers that bloom
on this special week too.

Solomon's Seal and Cleome
are two that typically show their beauty
in my garden
on opening week.





















The Festival Opened with:
Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare
Fiddler on the Roof by Joseph Stein
Measure for Measure by Shakespeare
Tommy by Pete Townshend 
Mary Stuart by Friedrich Schiller
The Three Musketeers by Peter Raby
Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward

Still to Open throughout the Season:
The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare
Othello by Shakespeare
Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
Taking Shakespeare by John Murrell
The Thrill by Judith Thompson

This world class theatre with it's
famous actors and
four stages is worth the trip
to Stratford!



Can you tell that I love live Theatre??

So far, we've been privileged to see the musical
Fiddler on the Roof.
It was fabulous - I'm no critic but I LOVED it!
I laughed, cried, and cheered
and was challenged to honour the 
value of "traditions" in my own life.

Tommy opens tonight and 
Pete Townshend is in the house!

Congratulations on Stratford's 
2013 Playbill.

Do you have your tickets?


Till next time ......... break a leg Stratford!











8 comments:

  1. I also love live theater. We have season tickets to plays and musicals-we seldom attend a movie. It looks like you have a great upcoming season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! For a few years we enjoyed the Shaw Festival, going out from here when a family member had a play there. I was watching a newscast about this year's Stratford line-up and wished I could go. You'll have to report on what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like live theater! We are blessed to have several summer theaters and I do very much enjoy having at least one evening out per summer for such events. The last was Miss Saigon. Not a favorite. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I'm thinking if you come out this way we'll have to take in Bard on the Beach. It is held each summer in Vancouver on the beach in big tents...and now I wonder if I should be purchasing a ticket already.
    Love your flowers and the memory makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so much of the Stratford Festival...I've seen Fiddler on the Roof many times and love it because that's the best way my life is summed up. But I keep smiling.
    I've got tickets for Les Miserables in the month of June and am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great line up for sure! Your garden is showing a wonderful line up as well. Love the flowers and I'm happy to know their names, now.
    The live performances I've had the privilege to see were all very enjoyable. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the festival! The flowers in your garden "theater" are all class acts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed John and I will be able to visit Stratford this year and take in a play. I really miss being so close to the action. It's world-class entertainment in southwestern Ontario!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...