Friday, March 1, 2013

Ultimate Oreo Cupcakes




Is there anyone who
doesn't love Oreo cookies???
"Milk's Favourite Cookie"

What about making them into cupcakes.....

This is a fun and delicious recipe
I found some time ago and actually
entered the recipe into a contest to
win a KitchenAid mixer.

Well, I didn't get the prize but gained a yummy
recipe instead and went out and bought my
Red mixer on my own - on sale!!

I think you'll like this cupcake too.....


Twist and open 24 Oreo cookies - setting aside the half without cream for garnishing
2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
½ Cup Butter (unsalted is preferred)
1 2/3 Cups sugar
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Cup milk
Remaining 6-10 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two standard muffin pans with 24 paper liners.  Place Oreo halves in the bottom of each liner, cream side up.



In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.  In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Blend in egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Blend in vanilla.  With the mixer on low speed, beat in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated.  Add the milk and beat just until combined, then beat in remaining dry ingredients.





Gently fold in the chopped Oreos with rubber
spatula. Divide batter evenly amont the prepared
cups.  Bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. Allow to cool in pans 5-10 minutes - transer to cooling wire wrack to cool completely.

Frost with desired icing, sprinkle with cookie crumbs and garnish with reserved cookie halves.

Now pour yourself a cold glass of milk and enjoy!!!







Have a great weekend everyone!!!


5 comments:

  1. They look great. Wish I had one in front of me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungry...forget the milk, a latte for this girl instead. I think that I could actually make those. I'm glad that you got your Red machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always have Oreos in the house (and they're not for me...LOL). I have a feeling Bill would love these cupcakes...they are gorgeous, Rosella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! Love the look of that oreo half tucked into the cream frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These look amazing! I'll definitely have to make these soon...

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...