Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's beginning .....

The decorating has begun
Better Late than Never!

Some of my simple solutions are these "icy" crown jar candles:

All you need is a jar (I like using
my vintage Crown jars with the zinc
rings and glass sealers),
some plastic wrap (the heavy duty kind that comes from the florist),
some water,
a bit of ribbon and sprig,
and T-lites.
It couldn't be simpler!

Just stuff the jar with the plastic wrap - fill with water - set the jar ring upside down on top of the jar creating a nifty little tray for the T-lite.









Any T-lites will do but 
these larger than usual T-lites from Ikea (Glimma 2 1/4 inch) are ideal. They burn for up to 9 hours.









Decorate the jar ring and there you have it - some icy looking jar candles.









Another quick solution is to add a few trees, mini candles and wreaths to my Noah's Ark, transforming it for Christmas. 












Even the little Noah's Ark Store just needs the fence and the lamp post turned around to reveal its Christmas bows and wreaths.
The snowman is about to lose his carrot nose!







The mantel is beginning to look
Christmasy.....










..... and the china cabinet is ready!


The tablescape for the upcoming office party
is starting to take shape.



I've been reminded several times today about the importance of preparations
and especially those of preparing one's heart for Christmas.

How are your preparations coming along?



Till next time .......... remembering that Jesus is the reason for this season!



15 comments:

  1. This is a pleasure coming to your place first today....I just finished setting my advent table...and have a bit of time to check out your post. I love how you bring this and that in...it's beautiful and that napkin folding is something else. You will need to make a tutorial on that. It looks exquisite. I'd love to be a part of your office party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that napkin folding! Looks like things are shaping up nicely for Christmas. How nice that you are anticipating the arrival of your dear daughter, too. It's the season of anticipation and fulfillment! God bless you all dearly this beautiful and joyful season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the napkin fold, Rosella and absolutely adore your depression glass tumblers. My dear MIL introduced me to depression glass and although I don't have a lot of it I use what I have as often as I can. I also like the way you "Christmased up" your Noah's ark.
    Happy Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interest here! I briefly considered the jars for my kitchen sink, but what I really need is a vase for the ivy growing there...wait, wonder if I could put a glass in the jar for the ivy and the plastic in between the glass and the jar...hmmm. Don't mind me working this through in your comments. Say! Are you giving a tutorial on that Christmas tree napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of you have wondered about the napkin fold! The students where I work did this fold for the End of Term Christmas Banquet and I just had to try it - so I googled and found a youtube tutorial. It's super easy - here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plkWFQ89XyE Happy folding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, those jars are cute! And, like others, I was intrigued by how you folded those napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table setting is looking beautiful! I love the way you folded the napkin into a tree. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jars are so clever, Rosella! They look terrific, and your table setting is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosella, your home is looking so beautiful. I love seeing new ideas. Those jars are so perfect. I have the jars I found in the cellar at my homestead. The header on your blog is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rosella. Your house looks beautiful and I love your idea with the glass jars! It looks like real ice in there! Is that your house in the photo on your header? It sure is beautiful. I'd like to know how you folded the napkin into a tree.
    I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and make some very happy memories. Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks so lovely and festive!!! Those jars are beautiful...what a great DIY decoration! Merry Christmas, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosella, so nice to meet you today...at my place "Thinking About Home" where you left such a sweet comment...and then here at "Rhubarb and Roses," your own lovely home!

    Your table is quite lovely, including those tree-folded napkins.

    So funny that you have the same "Noah's Ark" painting that we have! Even funnier...we also have the same Noah's Ark Cat's Meow piece (actually, my youngest daughter has it in her room). Do you collect Noah's Ark items?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely lovely, Rosella. Merry Christmas to you and the Farmer from across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosella, I'm taking a few minutes this morning to enjoy reading some blogs. Your home looks so lovely. You and I both have Old Country Rose dishes. I't so pretty at Christmas. I love your tree napkins. Merry Christmas dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the icy candles! They look so real. Your house looks festive and ready for the big holiday. Hope it is a good one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...