Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Health Cookies


Yummy old fashioned "Health Cookies"
for the road.

We're taking a quick road trip down to Boston this week
and some of these cookies are coming along
to sustain us on the way!
The farmer has a two day conference
and I'm looking forward to the sights and sounds
of this lovely coastal city and a 5 star hotel!



I don't know exactly how healthy these cookies
really are,
but they have lots and lots of healthy ingredients
(except for the sugars course)   ;)

This recipe makes 4 dozen 2 3/4" cookies,
at least if you don't eat too much of the raw cookie batter while making them, that is!




Health Cookie Recipe:


These taste very similar to the ones we can buy from our local Guenther’s Bakery.  If you use real butter and fresh eggs you will not be dissappointed!


1 C. Butter
¾ C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
¾ C. White Sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
Cream together and add:
2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Salt
Mix into butter mixture and add:
1 C. rolled oats
1 C. raisons
½ C. sunflower seeds (unsalted)
¼ C. chopped walnuts
1 C. coconut
¼ C. sesame seeds
¼ C. flax seeds
Mix well with wooden spoon.



Drop onto baking sheet - I used a cookie dough scoop which helps keep the cookies uniform in size. Bake at 325F for 12-18 minutes.  Adjust baking time according to thickness of batter.

Make sure you have lots of milk on hand 'cause these will be gobbled up quickly!











Till next time ................... thankful for a full cookie jar once again!




5 comments:

  1. Ok so yesterday after seeing your waffles my Dear came home from work early so I made him some cottage cheese pancakes. Now you are showing me these yummy looking cookies that I can almost smell over here. There is a Canadian cookie theme happening today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in Boston! I love those kind of trips where the hotel room is part of the deal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip!!! I don't think I'd feel quite as guilty eating these compared to most I bake...I love all the seeds and nuts...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun...and enjoy the cookies en route! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you'll just be down the way while in Boston. Do have fun! Those cookies look yummy and I'm sure that they are very healthful. =)

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...