Friday, August 16, 2024

Waning Summer Feels

 After Day Camp Activities and Shenanigans ...




We tried some recipes from this Betty Crocker cookbook.
"Nammie's Cooking School"
A fun time and some of the meals were good but others were "Comme Ci, Comme Ca"
according to Noa - smile!
The zucchini fritters were a complete fail and Kraft Dinner Mac 'n Cheese is much favoured
over homemade!








Some preserving and baking going on ...

Pickled coloured beets, Mom's Sweet Dills, Peaches, Sourdough



Some sitting on the back porch and watching the 
Hummingbirds and Orioles
much to my pleasure!!!





These birds absolutely thrill me!
Thanks to dear friends for the awesome Oriole Feeder.
I truly am blessed.
Can you hear the rustling Poplar Tree leaves in the background?
A sure sign that summer is waning!?




Walks in the park never disappoint!




Doing my best to keep a sunny disposition after a life changing loss.
Miss him every moment!


Till next time ... how are you filling these last days of summer. Make them last ...





5 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine what life would be like after such a loss! Hugs:) Enjoy those days of cooking and baking with the grands. They are gone before you know it! Your preserves look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Judy! Enjoy the rest of your summer ...

      Delete
  2. Glad you have those littles who aren't so little anymore to fill some days with joy for you. They gave some good honest critique of the recipes. :) It is definitely hard when you lose someone who you were one with and who was by your side for so many years. Hope the rest of your summer is filled with good things. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! You are inspiring me with your stories about excercise routines. I find walking to be a healing process.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Rosella. I can only imagine that you miss your dear husband every moment of every day! How could you not? I pray that our Lord continues to comfort you and guide you.

    I love "Nammie's Cooking School!" What a great idea! I am reminded of my own little boy (who is now 42) who preferred Kraft macaroni over homemade, Jello brand instant cheesecake over homemade, and Campbell's chicken noodle soup over mine. :) Love seeing your feathered visitors and hearing the wind through the trees!

    Enjoy these waning days of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Fall-ing

  Is it "fall-ing" where you are? I always forget how much I love this time of year! Near perfect warm days Evening Golden hours L...