Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Monday


It's Monday and this is the week I am going to do a wee raw food "detox".  The hardest thing for me is giving up my coffee.  By day 2 or 3, I seem to have a crazy caffeine headache.  It's all so worth it though.  I feel so good while on this 7 day program, my skin  becomes smooth, my digestion improves, and if I'm lucky I'll shed a bit of this Christmas weight gain!!!

I'm starting off the day with this smoothie.  It's a combination of pomegranate juice, 1/2 a banana, raw spinach, raw pineapple, a spoonful of Greek yogurt (I know it's not raw but I'm just using up what's leftover in the fridge),  and a dash of cinnamon.  This may look rather "green" but it tastes absolutely delicious!!!! AND it actually satiates my appetite.  Lunch will be some raw fruit and veggies and supper will be a delicious salad.

So - here goes - I think this is actually a week where there are no planned dinners or banquets so I should be able to do this!

Join me and let me know how it goes?!........


4 comments:

  1. I,m joining you...all the junk is out of my cabinets and I, m going green.
    But I cannot give up coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new template. It,s fun to play eh???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosella
    Thanks for commenting on my blog - it's nice to meet you! We have a lot in common - born in the same year, having daughters married this year, we have both loved Cairn Terriers (we have a wee female, our third Cairn), and while I've never lived in Stratford, I've visited often and once lived in southwestern Ontario in Centralia. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A detox sounds like a good idea. I've never done that....maybe one day I should. I was just given a recipe for a drink similar to yours....and I was told it was sooooo tasty! I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...