Saturday, May 12, 2012

Forget-Her-Not!



Forget-Me-Nots grow like weeds
(maybe they are weeds)
in all my flower beds this time of year.
I think they are so pretty but once they've bloomed
I "weed" them out of the beds and
tend to throw the dead plants over the fence
into the orchard
They've seeded themselves and
Now my whole orchard looks like a sea of 
blue - so lovely!

I always think of my Mom when these little flowers
bloom because it's always around Mother's Day.
I will pick a nice bouquet and lay it on
her headstone tomorrow on my way to church.

She gave me a love for flowers
and for the ocean
She loved nothing more than to visit her brother and sister-in-law
in Sarasota, Florida
Beside a sea of blue!




It's almost ten years that she's been gone
but I'll "forget-her-not" EVER!





4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a sweet tribute to your dear mother. Mine has had Alzheimer's for years...and though she's still with us, I miss my old mom. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those simple flowers - so much like our mums - tenacious, beautiful, reliable....

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sound like one fantastic person. We all have such fond memories of who are mothers are and what they have passed down to us. Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peaceful quiet look of those little flowers against the fence. A tender post of a mom who spoke into your heart. Loved that picture of her at the ocean......what a treasure. So carefree! hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...